Friday, September 9, 2011

The Baby T-Rex's Best Children's Books

Hi everybody!!  It's the WEEKEND!!  Woot!  So, the Baby T-Rex wanted to share his favorite children's books.  I think we all have books that we remember from our childhood - or even that we remember reading our kids.  I think some of my favorite kids books are the ones I read my kids.  (In fact, as we were compiling our list, BTR and I were re-reading our most favorite kids books - it was THE best time!  You know I'm a big old nerd, right?)  We tried to limit it to five books, but we got carried away and I think we ended up with, like, eight.  So read below and see if you recognize any of these!!

Number EIGHT:

'Green Eggs and Ham' by Dr. Seuss.  It was a toss up between this one and 'Cat in the Hat'.  We decided this was the better of the two. The reason this is number eight and not number one, as many people would think... is because of the fact that it is so over-populated, and once you've read it, it's nice, but you probably won't want to read for a while...




Number SEVEN:

Have yall read any of Mercer Mayer's children's books?  I got these from my aunt originally, but loved them ALL so much.  (And actually, I put this one on the list...Momma T-Rex's choice this time!)






Number SIX:

Classic. This shows that everyone has one of those days, but Alexander's is a little bit worse, probably.









Number FIVE:

This children's book is more of the unknown type, but this doesn't mean it isn't one of the best. This shows a few days in the life of a worm, living like a human, but still adding a few aspects of worm in there. ('Diary of a Worm' is very near and dear to the BTR's heart.)






Number FOUR:


A great read where Grover tries to hide himself inside the pages of the book.  No Peeking!             HILARIOUS.









Number THREE:


This book is a classic.  If you haven't read it, you definitely should.  I don't even want to tell you about it.  It is SUCH a heart wrencher, too.  (sniff)  Love it.  Would even be perfect as a Christmas gift for a grown-up.  (I'm stuck on Christmas ever since the Hallmark ornaments came out)




Number TWO:



 Another CLASSIC Grover.  Read it.  That is all.










And the NUMBER ONE BABY T-REX PICK:


'Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus'! If you haven't seen, heard, tasted, touched, or read this book, my friend, do it. Right now. This earns the number 1 title because it's sooooooooo funny! READ IT. This book has a few sequels, but about different subjects. This one shows a pigeon who wants to drive a bus while the bus driver is away, but he puts you in charge to make sure he doesn't. No matter how much pleading he may do, or bribing, don't let the pigeon drive the bus!

Hope you enjoy and maybe re-read a few of these? Many thanks to our guest blogger and co-author, the BTR!

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! A big help for me and my little bird! We love The Giving Tree! Makes me cry lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby T-Rex: I know that half of those books were your mother's favorites as a child. It just goes to show you that some books never get old! GTR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't the kids books just the BEST? The Giving Tree makes me tear up just thining about it.

    ReplyDelete