Monday, September 12, 2011

The Teenage Banana's Book Recommendations

So we did the Baby T-Rex's favorite books - now let's talk about some recommendations for the young teens.  The teenage banana has so very kindly put together his top FIVE recommendations for young teens.






Number FIVE:


The Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz.  These books are about a teenage spy named Alex Rider - there are multiple books (maybe nine?), so plenty to read.

Number FOUR:


The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.  This one looks really good and I might have to read it, although this is not really my preferred genre.  It is a collection of stories about the Vietnam War.  From what I read, the stories are about the same platoon of soldiers.  Just the titles of the short stories (for example, 'The Ghost Soldiers' or 'Speaking of Courage') makes me want to read the book, even though I'm not crazy about war stories.

 
Number THREE:


The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan.  I read these books with the TB. Very good series, is based on the the mythology of the Gods of Olympus. Zeus and Poseidon are the main stars of the series. Very readable, even for adults.  The first book has been made into a movie, but TB and the BTR tell me that the movie isn't quite as good as the book.  (But we're biased.  We love the books - so take our movie recommendations with a grain of salt!!)

Number TWO:




The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan.  This series is based on Egyptian mythology.  I am reading this series, too, and find that I like it even better than the Percy Jackson books. 

 
Number ONE:



TB LOVES these books.  They are manga books - so they are read back to front.  Now, I haven't read these yet, but the illustrations TOTALLY make you want to read them.


Many thanks to the TB for his book recommendations!!  See yall a little later!!

2 comments:

  1. Teenage Banana's GrandmaSeptember 12, 2011 at 10:42 PM

    TB:
    Thanks for adding your reading suggestions to the blog. I look forward to reading this every day! GTB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read all the Percy Jackson books, and started the Kane Chronicles series...he can't write them fast enough for me. Even old girls like these books. Aunt Shell

    ReplyDelete