Sunday, September 4, 2011

Teen Books and Oatmeal Creme Pies - My Hidden Indulgences

My obsession (is that the right word?  Maybe not.  It's like Little Debbie oatmeal creme pies.  They're yummy, but you know you really shouldn't be eating them once you turn 40.  So you hide in the laundry room and eat them anyway, because if nobody sees you with one?  The calories don't count.) with teen fiction started with 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins.  It was given to me as a gift by one of my besties, ITGirl (can you believe I ALMOST spelled that ITGurl?  Yikes.  May be time to give up the teen books for realz.  heh.  Little joke there.) 'Hunger Games' was WAY different, from the very start of the book, but in a really, really good way.  It is a trilogy, with 'Catching Fire' and 'Mockingbird' following soon after.  This is an AMAZING series, and I urge you to give it a try, even though it is a teen fiction series.  I found it riveting and inventive and could NOT put it down.

I'm going to admit something that I probably shouldn't.  My interest in teen fiction ACTUALLY started with the book shown below.  (I know)


In my defense, I saw the book EVERYWHERE and just decided to read it. This was before the movie, before the hype. I found the first book to be very simplistic, but it hooked me anyway.  My favorite of the four?  Definitely 'Breaking Dawn'. 

Oh, and I'm 100% 'Team Jacob'.  Always have been.

So, after my initial foray into teen fiction, I tried out these...




Both are trilogies, I believe, and VERY worthwhile reads.  If you want to try something a little different, give this genre a try.  DEFINITELY a guilty pleasure.

Have a good day, yall and this one's for you!!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment