Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zoya and New Books on my List



Good morning everyone!!  I don't know about you, but we are having a nice fallish day today. This morning, taking the teenage T-Rex to school, it was about 60 degrees.  Of course, the nice weather will only last probably about a day or so and then we'll be back to summer.  heh.  

 I finished Zoya by Danielle Steel this weekend.  It wasn't putrid, but it WAS predictable.  Let me give you the plot summary:

-Young Zoya is living in Russia, family is kin to the Tsar, very rich
-Tsar is overthrown, Zoya now poor
-Zoya meets a man, now very rich
-Man dies, stock market crashes, Zoya now poor
-Zoya meets new man, rich again
-Man dies, but we are close to the end of the book, so Zoya remains rich


And that's the jist of the book.   Not horrendous, but definitely not a book that you can sink your teeth into.  Good for something light - easily put down and picked up again.  

Now.  I've been browsing Amazon.com (trouble) and have a few NEW books I want to share with you.  

'Never Knowing' by Chevy Stevens.  It sounds SO good.  The main character, Sara, decides to find her biological parents. 
Her mother rejects her, but Sara finds out that her father is a killer who hunts, rapes and kills women. Sara's mother is the only victim to survive and Sara is the product of that attack. 
And now what will happen if Sara's father finds her, or worse yet, what if she is like her father?  What if murder is in the blood?  

YEEP!  I actually shivered when I wrote that last sentence.  
Doesn't it sound SO good?  I'm definitely putting this on my 'to read' list.  

I have read on of Chevy Stevens's books before - her first novel, I believe, entitled 'Still Missing'.
  This was a good one, too.  A female realtor at an open house is abducted by a man who showed up, posing as a potential buyer.  Chillingly, we find out that he has been stalking her and planning this for months.  He takes her to a remote cabin in the woods and holds her there, where she must be completely submissive.  Annie is made to dress a certain way, follow certain rules, and she is never, EVER let out.  The good news is, after a period of time (a long period of time, maybe a year?  I can't remember), Annie escapes.  The thing is, after she escapes, she struggles with trying to deal with the trauma and take back her life.  Can you imagine?  It reminds me of that man who took the young girl hostage many years ago and made her live in an underground, closed off set of rooms.  Terrifying.




 Also on my list is 'Crossed' by Allie Conde.  It is the second book in the 'Matched' trilogy.  It is a teen book, but definitely worth the read.  Don't be fooled by these teen books, yall, they have very refreshing plots and are for sure worth the read.


'The Death Cure' by James Dashner.  Number three in the 'Maze Runner' trilogy


 And last but not least, 'The Litigators' by John Grisham.  Sound SO good!  I love JG.  Okay, gotta run.  Happy reading!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment